Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Week of Middle School

My first day of school was REALLY hard and I did not know anybody yet. All of my friends that I knew last year weren't in any classes with me at all. So the first few days were hard, not just because of the work, but the fact that I didn't have anyone I knew with me to help. At home I did have one friend though! I have known her for 2 years, I met her when I moved down here about 2 years ago.

Her name is Gena. She helped me get through a lot. We are best friends. She is 10 years old and her grandparents are my neighbors. That's how I met her. She loves dogs and now more recently were are both into Japanese Manga and Anime. I taught her about what it was after I found out the epic awesomeness of Japan. So I learned about some culture and I came across something that I really love now, Anime. (Also there are Japanese comics called Manga). We also came across something called Vocaloid, too much to explain about now but it's Japanese synthesized music that is the best.

So here I am in the 1st week of school still and the girl that sits in front of me in world cultures (I think her name is Lexi?) She noticed me drawing a pictue of a cute little Japanese Anime character from Vocaloid. She then asked me if I liked Anime, I was surprised! Later in the day in Gym class she introduced me to a girl named Sabrina.

Sabrina ALREADY loves Vocaloid, watching Anime, reading Manga, and another reason why she is my friend now isn't all because I like those things, it's that she's a very forgiving and nice a person. So she's turning out to be a very good friend of mine.

So to finish this off, Gena and Sabrina are alike and different. Gena is 10 and Sabrina is 13. Gena didn't know about Japanese Vocaloid and Sabrina's been into it for some time now! So I guess the great thing about this isn't about them being alike or different, it's about the good friends I've made! I guess that with Sabrina here, middle school won't be as hard...except for the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment