Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Palm Tree Garnish

My Palm Tree garnish was made out of an Idaho potato, some lettuce, a carved sweet potato, one 10 penny and one roofing nail, and finally a blue pillow case! I thought the finished garnish looked really cute because, the trunk was a light, red, sweet potato, and the lettuce leaves (Romaine lettuce) curled down and looked really good!

So here is how I made the garnish—my dad took a knife, and cut a regular Idaho baking potato in half for the island base. Then I washed off the lettuce. My dad then took a sweet potato and started to carve out a tree trunk. (He did all the cutting, he said it was too dangerous because the knives were really big and sharp…) then I cut the lettuce leaves into short little bunches for the leaves, and my dad made the hole in the potato island base. I put the sweet potato trunk into the base and my dad helped me push the 10 p nail through the base and into the trunk. I then took the lettuce and inspected it to make sure it was okay. Then I poked the roofing nail through each of the lettuce leaves and into the top of the sweet potato trunk. Then, for an added bonus idea, I took a blue pillow case and put it under the palm tree garnish. And then I took some pictures.

I think if I had a restaurant, I would have easily added a lot of interest into the tables with these cute little tree garnishes. People would love them! I’m so sure of this because, it is too cute to be a palm tree! I think they add a lot of fun to a table! It has the same idea, like a turkey on thanksgiving, it makes up the table! It seems like a very good upgrade to a restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment